Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Review: Larabar Peanut Butter Cookie


I spend a lot of time at school, and am always looking for healthy snacks that I can have on hand so I can avoid the greasy, expensive cafeteria. Recently I got a few boxes of Larabar snack bars on sale at Target. One of the flavors I was most excited to try was the Peanut Butter Cookie. I am a nut butter fanatic so anything with peanuts, almonds, or almost any other kind of nut is usually a good thing for me. 

I'll start with the basics about the bar. It has 220 calories, 12g fat, 23g carbs, and 7g protein. It has three ingredients, peanuts, dates, and salt. The Larabar company describes the bar as "It's like right out of the oven, only our Peanut Butter Cookie isn't baked . . . so delicious, you'll swear it came right from a cookie sheet!" 


Overall I really enjoyed the taste of the bar. When I opened the package I could immediately smell the fresh peanuts. The texture was chewy, taking a little while to eat, and you could definitely taste the dates throughout the entire bar. I loved that the ingredient list was so short and pure, it made eating a more processed food seem quite a bit healthier. I felt that this was a very satisfying snack, and almost had a dessert-like quality to it. It felt like a treat to eat it.

I would definitely by and eat these again. The issues I do have with it however is that I felt the size of the bar was a little small for how caloric it is. Luna Bars, another nutrition bar I've had before, are less caloric and slightly larger. I also wish it had a little more protein and a little less carbohydrates, because I felt that ratio could've been a little more balanced.

Me trying to enjoy it while doing massive amounts of sketching.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More