Sunday, February 26, 2012

Recipe: Honey Oatmeal Muffins



I'm generally not that interested in pastries. I don't like cakes or doughnuts, but when I saw a recipe that seemed simple, clean, and full of honey, I figured I had to give it a try. These muffins are great! Filling and not too sweet. They are a little dry, but I like that. If you wanted to moisten them adding in some unsweetened applesauce or a bit more honey would probably do the trick. I got this recipe from Jillian Michaels and  adapted it just slightly for what I had on hand.


Ingredients:
3/4 cup rolled oats
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
3/4 cup all purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp baking soda  *
2 eggs
1/3 cup honey
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup vegetable oil


*I did not have baking soda on hand so I substituted an extra teaspoon of baking powder. I used the double-acting baking powder.


Recipe:


Combine all the dry ingredients into one larger mixing bowl (oats, flours, cinnamon, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.) Mix together so everything is evenly distributed. Combine all the liquid ingredients into a separate, smaller container (eggs, honey, milk, vegetable oil.) Make together making sure the honey is not too clumpy or thick, so that it is a nice even thickness throughout. 


Drizzle the liquid on top of the dry ingredients and mix everything together coating all the dry  ingredients as evenly as possible.


Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and spoon the mixture into a well-oiled muffin tin. Bake for about 20-25 minutes, mine only took twenty. Check with a toothpick or a fork and make sure it comes away clean to tell if they are done. 


Makes 12 muffins.
Nutrition:
Calories: 179
Carbs: 26g
Fat: 6.5g
Protein: 5g
Sodium: 178mg
Fiber: 3g



Here are a few extra pictures I took while I made them:


Before combining the ingredients.

Ready to go in the oven!

Sitting on the counter, waiting for me to eat it.

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Yum!! Cant wait to try.

hale said...

çankırı
tekirdağ
giresun
manisa

A406BB

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More