Friday, February 17, 2012

My Grocery Essentials


I try to only go to the grocery store once a week, and on this trip I tend to pick up most of the same things I did the week before. I try to make as many healthy and informed decisions as possible at the grocery store. Here is my list of essential items that I need to get through the week.

  • Bananas. I eat a banana every day, I love them and they function well as an easy, portable snack.
  • Spinach. I put spinach in nearly everything, and I love it for salads throughout the week.
  • Carrots & Cucumbers. Another snack food that I try to keep on hand during busy school days.
  • Apples. I love apples as a treat with some almond butter or as something I can throw in my purse and have with me.
  • Greek Yogurt. I usually buy the individual blueberry ones because my local store always has them on sale, but sometimes I buy the plain and top it with honey.
  • Whole-Wheat Bread & English Muffins. I make sandwiches constantly and I love having these two on hand.
  • Kashi GoLean Cereal. I love this stuff even though I am not huge on soy. 
  • Unsweetened Almond Milk. I use this on oatmeal and cereal throughout the week.
  • Eggs. Another food that I can prepare quickly or ahead of time.
  • Peanut Butter/Almond Butter. Now I don't buy these every week, but I use them on an almost daily basis.
  • Frozen Vegetables. I recently discovered a love for produce that does not spoil, and I love being able to prepare it in under ten minutes.
  • A few frozen items. I usually keep a few frozen meals on hand so that if I'm really pressed for time I can grab one of these. I often have veggie burgers or a frozen pizza.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More