Monday, February 20, 2012

Recipe: Cheesy English Muffin



I'm always looking for simple and easy recipes that I can make in a few minutes, or that can cook while I get ready to go or tackle another task. Awhile ago I stumbled upon a recipe for a spinach and cottage cheese melt, so I modified it to suit my needs and this is what I came up with.


Ingredients:


1 english muffin (I use Thomas' Whole Wheat)
3/8 cup of cottage cheese (This is just a little less than half a cup, I found half a cup to be too much)
1 tbsp fat free feta cheese
Fresh basil (dried works as well)
Sliced tomato
Spinach


Recipe:


Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. While the oven preheats combine the feta, cottage cheese, and basil into a small bowl. Mash everything together so that you break up the chunks of feta cheese and everything is combined and evenly distributed. 


Break apart the english muffin and place on a baking sheet, top both sides of the muffin with even amounts of the cottage cheese mixture and bake for about ten minutes.


Once removed from the oven top with a few leaves of spinach and a tomato slice or two!


Nutrition information:
Calories: about 210
Carbohydrates:  28g
Fat: 3g
Protein: 18g


Here's a pre-topping photo!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More