Sunday, April 1, 2012

My Go-To Running Playlist


I know that I cannot imagine going out for a run without some great music to help power me through. I'm pretty particular about what I'll listen to though, and as a result I've spent a lot of time compiling music into different playlists so that I won't get bored and won't find myself fumbling for my Ipod trying to skip the song. Here are a few of my essential songs to add to your own running playlist.

I'm just going to use Youtube videos to showcase the songs, but they can all be found on Itunes or any other music site.

The Beatles - Run for Your Life
A classic to start out on.


Cults - Abducted
This is a song I just recently got into, and I have it on repeat on my playlist.



T. Rex - Bang a Gong (Get it on)
Some light pop music to increase the pace


Weezer - In the Garage
Any Weezer song is really great, but lately I've been blasting this one in my headphones.


Best Coast - Boyfriend
Now that the weather is nice I listen to so much sunshine pop music, and Best Coast is the definition of that.


Bruce Springsteen - Born to Run 
Sort of a standard choice, but it doesn't get any better then the Boss.


Wavves - King of the Beach
More summer pop music.


Dinosaur Jr. - Blowing It
Surprisingly a great band to exercise while listening to, I never would have thought it.


Blink 182 - First Date
I am a sucker for some Blink 182, and whenever it comes up I cannot change it.


Ted Leo and the Pharmacists - Bottled Up in Cork
A lot of Ted Leo songs could make this playlist as well, this is my favorite off his most recent album.

What are your favorite running songs?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More