Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Recipe: Ten-Minute Breakfast


In the morning as I've often discussed, there just isn't a lot of time to devote to cooking. Having some quick and easy breakfast options is important. Here is one that I've been eating a lot of lately.

Ingredients:
Two large eggs
1 piece of 100% whole wheat bread
2 Jennie O Lean Turkey Breakfast Sausage Patties

Recipe:
This one may seem pretty self explanatory, but I'll just tell you how I go about prepping and making breakfast as quick and painless as possible. First, I pre-cook the sausage on a morning when I have more time then average. I will cook the entire package and leave it in the fridge so I can grab two in the morning and quickly reheat them. I would recommend doing this as it will save you a lot of time. You can get six meals out of one package of sausage if you stick to the serving size of two.

I cook my eggs over easy so that I can dip the toast into the yolk. This takes about five minutes. I spray a small pan with olive oil cooking spray and then crack two eggs into the pan. Allow them to cook until the whites start to actually turn white, then slowly flip them so that the yolk gets cooked on both sides. Allow to cook a couple more minutes on the other side and remove from heat. 

To ready the toast, obviously just pop it into the toaster a few minutes before the eggs are done. I don't butter the toast because I dip it in the egg yolk.

Makes one serving
Nutrition
Calories: About 300 depending on type of bread used
Carbs: 8g
Fat: 16g
Protein: 29g







0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More