Monday, April 23, 2012

I'm at McDonald's, What Should I Never Order?


In my ideal world, you would never end up at Mcdonald's at the end of a long day. However, I understand that it happens and that we all get busy and exhaust all our other options from time to time. Yesterday, I did a post on some decent options that Mcdonald's does offer. Today I'm going to do a quick write up on a few items you should never, ever even consider ordering from the menu.

  1. Chicken Selects, 5 pieces. When I did my post on decent Mcdonald's items I was surprised to choose Chicken Mcnuggets as a pretty good option. You would think these, advertised as a higher quality item on the menu would have made the list. Instead, you get one less piece of chicken and an additional 300 calories when you order these instead of traditional Mcnuggets.
  2. Chocolate Shakes. With as much sodium as a hamburger, a shake at Mcdonald's is a health disaster. A large has over 100g of sugar in it. Stick to homemade shakes when you need a treat.
  3. Mcdouble. This dollar menu item has nearly 1,000mg of sodium and 390 calories. In a sandwich that would probably take you just a couple minutes to consume. Does it really seem worth it?
  4. Grilled Chicken Club Sandwich. This is another item I bet many people think of as being a somewhat decent option. However it has 1,720mg of sodium, that is more then most people are supposed to have on a daily basis. It is also nearly 600 calories for the pretty average sized sandwich.
  5. Double Quarter-Pounder with Cheese. Again the sodium here is astronomical, but this sandwich also packs an astounding amount of fat. With 19g of saturated to go with it. 
What are your must avoid menu items?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More