Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Fitness Tips for Finding Balance in a Healthy Lifestyle


Making time for exercise and healthy eating can seem impossible at times. There is always something else that could be done instead of taking time out for yourself. Here are some tips to help you incorporate healthy living into your daily life.

- Eat breakfast. Even if it is just something small. This may seem like an obvious choice but it makes the list because it is so essential to get your metabolism going in the morning by giving your body the fuel it needs to start your day. Try incorporating a little bit of protein, carbs, and healthy fat rather than just grabbing a carb-laden bagel.

- Keep healthy snacks on hand. I always keep a few things in my purse just in case I end up having to stay late at work or school. My essentials are raw almonds, and and apple. Having these snacks on hand has saved me more than just a few times from having to run to the vending machine or grab fast food. 

- Change up your routine. I get bored easily, and if I did not switch up my workouts every day I would be less likely to come back. Having something new or different to look forward to when you go to exercise will help keep you motivated and interested. As an added bonus, switching up your routine is best for your body because it keeps your muscles from reaching homeostasis from a repeated routine.

- Watch TV actively. At the end of the day I'll often watch my favorite TV show on my computer instead of on the television. Then I can tote my laptop around the house with me and take care of any chores I have instead of sinking into the couch. I will also watch while I cook some of my meals. This allows you to still enjoy your favorite shows while still being active.

- Integrate exercise throughout the day. When I am at school all day I'm often sitting during class. By the time lunch rolls around I'm ready to be up and moving, and often I will take a twenty minute walk around the block or up and down the stairs to wake up my body and sneak in a little extra activity. If you work at a job where you are seated most of the time I would recommend trying to walk up and down the stairs at work, it burns a lot more calories than you might think!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More