Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Spring Cleaning Your Life


Cleaning up the house in the springtime is often the perfect way for people to rejuvenate their home and living situation. Although people may be cleaning their homes, many often forget to do any clean-up in their personal lives, where it may be even more essential then the physical cleaning up of the home. Here are a few tips for reassessing where you're at personally, and how to go about "cleaning" up the situation.

  1. Clear the air. If you have someone in your life who you've had a falling out or argument with, now is a good time to remedy the situation. Or if there are conversations you've been avoiding the new season is a good time to address those issues. You should take the time to call the person and set up an in-person meeting so that you can address your issues on a more intimate level.
  2. Sweep out the mess. Perhaps you've gotten past the point of having a heart-to-heart conversation with someone and have decided the relationship is toxic. The next step is to remove that relationship from your life as much as possible in order to give yourself the best chance at personal and emotional success. Keeping yourself away from relationships that are surrounded by negativity and unfixable issues will help you maintain the positivity of your own life.
  3. Dust off annoyances. I am the type of person who does not get really angry easily. I do not often become mad at things the people I am close to do. However, I do become mildly irritated at the drop of a hat. If someone is driving to slowly for my pace, I am instantly annoyed. Recently, I've been working on letting go of these minor annoyances so that they do not impact my daily mood and well being. Letting go of these small irritations will help you relax and keep your stress levels down. The best way that I've found to go about this is to tell myself that whoever is upsetting me really has no bearing on my life or my day, and that I do not ever have to see this person again. Making myself realize how minor the annoyance really is allows me to let go of it more easily.
  4. Maintain the peace. Once you've reassessed your personal life and dealt with some of your issues the concern becomes maintaining the positivity and peace that you have attained. Not allowing yourself to slip back into toxic relationships or stressful irritations can be challenging, but once you keep at it, it will become easier as time goes on.
What are your go-to spring cleaning tips for your personal life?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More