Sunday, January 15, 2012

Review: Jillian Michaels Killer Buns and Thighs


I have always been a big fan of Jillian Michaels' exercise DVDs. Overall I find them effective, efficient, and sometimes even entertaining while I'm keeled over in pain. So I was happy to see that Killer Buns and Thighs does not disappoint on any of those criteria.

I have now done all three levels of the DVD multiple times, and I think that you could get a decent workout from doing any of the levels on a given day. The main difference that I notice is that the cardio becomes more intense as the levels progress. Another minor difference is that the hand weights are used more frequently in the later levels. 

Level one is definitely hard enough for beginners, but still would serve as a good introduction to the DVD for people who are more experienced, it still got my heart rate up and I definitely felt the burn during moves like a chair pose with a leg raise. Level two really steps up the cardio, especially during a move called a one-legged burpee. I didn't think there could be something worse out there than just a regular burpee, and boy was I wrong. I would say that level three and level two are pretty similar in terms of overall difficulty. Level three does include the most plyometrics out of any of the levels.

This DVD is definitely one I would recommend picking up, it is a significant calorie burner because it focuses so much on the lower body, and the banter between Jillian and the two girls is enjoyable and makes the time go by a little bit faster.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More